Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pretty Good Walk

I went to walk past a gate that allows a neighborhood access to the trail and I heard a dog bark. I took a closer look and there was an owner standing there with his dog, they were blocked by trees and bushes. Missy became alert so I turned around and walked the other way because I wasn't sure how much leash the dog had and how close it was to the trial. After walking in the other direction for three minuets I turned back around trying to come up with a plan on getting by. Than a women ran by "that's it" I thought. Me and Missy would run pass. I got Missy at a close hill on my Left side(the dog was to my right) and ran past. Missy knew the dog was there, but she didn't even glance it's way. Happy dance. Of course my girl got lots of praise. We also ran into a Labrador jogging with his owner, same procedure close heal and keep her from fixating on the dog. Her reaction was way below than normally All she did was lunge Once that's All! I was so happy. We ran into the same dog on our way back her reaction was just a notch worse she lunged and I guess you would call it a bark, but it was really quiet. I'm so happy and proud of her for so much improvement. Go Missy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment