Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's been too long

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  Okay so update on Sunday my brother and cousin found this puppy running around my cousins yard and since my cousins mom HATES big dogs she told him that she couldn't stay there. So the puppy is at my house while I'm looking for her owners. It is possible that the puppy may end up staying with me and my family if my parents say yes if not we will find her a very very good home for her. She is a American Bulldog/Boxer... and something else mix. She is about 20-30 pounds right now and will probably be 40-45 pounds full grown.

          Okay so about Missy's reactivity nothing new really because we haven't been running into any dogs. But yesterday when I was walking Missy and the puppy, just my luck my neighbor was walking Koda( Yes Koda the dog Missy has the worst reaction too). They were in front of me so I turned around. And here I was with a puppy who I don't want picking up Missy's bad habits!! The puppy decided to torcher me by stopping in her tracks she would not budge. I was getting really scared because Koda just kept getting closer. Desperate to get away I picked up the puppy and used a high pitch voice to keep Missy's attention and keep her moving forward. I knew that to keep walking was a bad idea so I looked for a good driveway and went halfway down a fairly long one. I had Missy sit and just held on to the pups leash focusing my attention on Missy. I tried keeping her calm but she was over threshold apparently two car lengths from Koda is not far enough. And it didn't help that I had no treats. I was done for I held on to Missy's leash kept it really short and tried keeping her level down out of her scale of reactivity 1-10 it was a 6. I will not go walking at 6:00 in the evening again with both of the dogs.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment