Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Talk about stressful

                     I Survived!! What the heck did I survive you ask? Oh just running into not one but FOUR DOGS!! I mean come on really. Okay so here is what happened.
                I was on my driveway about to leave for a walk with the dogs(Missy and puppy) when my little cousin(9) asks me if she and her little brother(7) could come. My first mistake was saying yes, second was walking at 6:00 which is when my neighbor Don walks Koda and my third mistake was not putting Missy in the house. Okay so we were walking back and everything was fine.
            Missy was walking great and Puppy well was being a puppy and to my horror I see Koda. So I go down a small hill so that I'm against a pasture fence as far as I can get from Koda. I have Missy sit and I wrap her leash around my hand to prevent it from slipping and did the same with puppy. I told the kids to back off because 9 year old kept trying to pet Missy right than bad idea I think so. Anyway the kids wanted to pet Koda so I told them to go ask Don. While they were doing this I started walking away and to my utter surprise Missy did NOT yes I said Not react. And yes she did glance at Koda yes she just glanced at her!! This was the First Time Missy did not react to Koda when passing her on a walk. Why? Was it the kids being there? OR have I finally found where Missy is under threshold with Koda? I'm going with the 2nd option. Oh and you ask what was the puppy doing this whole time? She was trying to pull my arm off to go say hi to Koda. How rude am I for not allowing her to say Hi. Well I say to her you'll live.
         Yes I did say four dogs so here it is. We're almost to my house and here comes my cousins three small dogs Princeton(2 year old Dachshund Pomeranian.) Copper(Same as Prince) and Mickey( 6 year old Dachshund mix) Oh and did I mention that Missy has NEVER EVER meet Mickey. Usually introductions to other dogs for her is done very slowly and Not with little kids and me holding onto another dog. There was no avoiding Missy meeting Mickey we were surrounded by dogs! I was so happy that Missy politely smelled Mickey though I was worried because she was slowly waging her tail, not her normal "I'm happy as heck" wag. After they all said hi I had to Drag the dogs back home. No worries they had on harnesses so they weren't being chocked. I did drag them because I really felt that it was a dangerous situation. Three unleashed dogs two leashed dogs, two young children, and one Very young adult(Me).

      Yes you guys you are reading this which means yes, yes I did come out alive.... somehow.
Disclaimer, This will Never Ever happen again. Kids= Missy not walking with us. 6:00 means no puppy and no kids walk with me and Missy.


No comments:

Post a Comment