Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Can't Do It!!

              Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. There has not been much training happening since Piper joined the family, because I'm having a hard time balancing out the two. Since Piper has been here about 3 months I have walked Missy and Piper together basically all the time. Today is the end of that.
     Why? Well I'm at my col-de-sac and I see Koda(husky, Missy goes nuts over. If you are new please read the first post) So I immediately go for cover behind some huge bushes and some other tall plants, thinking I would be safe. HA to me because unexpectedly Koda appears Missy start barking up a storm attempting to lunge for her and Piper is trying to go say hi. Let's just say Missy is 35pds. medium sized dog and Piper is 45pounds 22inches. And than there is me 5'3 112pounds, so yes I struggle to keep Piper from dragging me. What is the point behind this story is that I will Not be walking the two together anymore. What happened today is not the only reason.
             I need to focus on Missy's reactivity and I need to focus on Piper learning Not to drag me toward anything that interest her(Dogs, cats, deer, squirrel). Plus I really really don't want Piper picking up on Missy's bad habits.  One day One day I will be able to walk them together by myself in the neighborhood again.

No comments:

Post a Comment