Monday, April 29, 2013

1 out of 4

Today's walk was better than my previous ones. I ran into 4 dogs today. I've decided to take note of the size, breed(if possible), and the dogs behavior that Missy reacts to and the ones she doesn't. Okay so the first one was a medium size dog 30-40 pounds so around Missy's size. The owner had the dog sit as we were passing them. The dog was calm, no eye contact with Missy, pretty much ignored her. We were on a small bridge so I could have touched the dog Missy did pull toward it wanting to say hi, but did not bark. So pretty much what a normal dog would do when seeing another dog. No reaction :) The second dog was a small dog Shih-tzu(I think) 10-15 pounds. It was a loud a lot of lead. About an arms length from me. (Remember Missy is always on the side the dog isn't, so if the dog is to my right Missy will be on my left. This dog was not trying to go to Missy just happily walking by. Reaction. :( The third dog was large maybe 50-60 pounds. It had some leash, but not as much as the Shih-tzu so about two arms length away. the dog took notice to Missy, but did not try and go toward her. Reaction :( And finally the fourth dog was a Beagle straining against his leash to say hi to Missy. Reaction :( I'm going to say it was a pretty good walk just because she only was pulling toward the first dog not barking and trying to twist around once we were past.

No comments:

Post a Comment