Thursday, April 11, 2013

Training is going great


I’ve been taking Missy on the Suwanee trail for the past week because it’s an opportunity to walk past other dogs. Well twice now I have gotten that opportunity. The first time I had cheese as a treat, which I now know is not a high value treat for Missy because she didn’t care to take it as we were walking past the dog. But she only barked once and pulled toward the dog I said “let’s go immediately and picked up my pace a bit and she came without barking or pulling toward the other dog.  The second time was AMAZING! I had hot dogs for treats(high value treat) I started giving them to her once we started walking past the dog so Missy could see the dog and Missy did not react at all, even when the other dog lunged at her. Missy didn’t even glance at the other dog she just ate her yummy treats. Once the other dog was past I gave Missy tones and tones of praise. I can’t wait for my mom to see her walk past another dog, than she’ll see how I’m training her is working and Maybe just Maybe this will convince her Missy can behave in public, which = coming to waterfalls with the family this summer! 
On the down side for some reason Missy has a terrible reaction to my neighbors dog Koda when we walk past them while they are out walking. Missy does not react as badly to any other dog like she does with Koda.
Also I finally found out what my other neighbors black and brown(Coppers brother) dog’s name is it is Princeton. I was calling him Scrapy, but now I’ll call him by his name.
From April 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment