Thursday, April 11, 2013

Progress


 hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I did.
Went on a run today with Missy. When coming back my next door neighbors dog Koda, who Missy about always reacts to was out on her chain. I had Missy “watch me” when I saw her focusing on Koda or crouching down trying to pull to her, if Missy didn't “watch me” I would say “let’s go” and walk the opposite way until she focused ahead, then I did the same thing till I reached the top of the road. After that I kept her by my side and fed her continues treats for not looking at her, if she did I would make kissy noises or say her name than click when she looked away. I’m so proud of Missy for not getting to a full blown reaction, sure there was some pulling and a little whining, but it’s progress.
From November 27, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment