Thursday, April 11, 2013

Disapointed


The other day I went to a park to get pictures for my photography class, because it was Sunday and cold I figured it wouldn't be busy so I brought Missy. I get there and there are tons of dogs. Two dogs got maybe three arms lengths from us and Missy flipped out worse than she ever has. My mom had the leash because I was trying to  take pictures. She wouldn't let me have the leash so I couldn't walk away from the dog right when she started reacting like I have been. She did eventually gave me the leash and I had to drag Missy away. After Missy calmed down my mom was mad she said I would never get her to behave that my way of training isn't going to work. She said she needs to be hit every time she reacts to dogs:( It would be nice if she supported me with Missy’s training. She is the one person in my family I expected to be on my side to support how I train Missy. It hurts that she said my way of training doesn't work. She doesn't realize I have made progress  Missy can walk pass Koda with me on using let’s go once or twice before I had to do it about 10 times before I could walk past. I know it’s not a lot of progress but it is some.
On another note I am getting Missy Bachs Rescue Remedy to help her be easier to control around dogs.
February 18, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment