Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Plan


Yesterday while walking on my trial, which I thought was safe from dogs  a Corgi puppy came to us, no owner, no leash. Missy went nuts, barking and lunging. The puppy just wanted to play and would run toward Missy than when he got too close for Missy she would lung and the pup would run away. For ten minutes this pup tried to come over to me and Missy before its owner came over. By than my hand was blue from no circulation from Missy pulling so much.
Okay now for the new plan. For this week and maybe next week I’m working on “close heel”, “watch me” and I’m re intruding her to the gentle leader. This new plan will help Missy be calm, focused and under control. No more lunging, ignoring me, and red hands, well at least not as much as before. :)
From December 13, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment