Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update


So Missy has hung out with Copper and his brother off leash in my back yard. Only once did Copper play with Missy, his brother won’t play with her. I think Missy is to hyper for them she’ll run toward them at full speed than sharply turn before she gets to him. Copper enjoys me petting him and he’ll play with Missy for a short time. I would like to take Missy to a dog park(when it’s empty) and meet up with my friend and her hyperactive Boxer, Lily. I think Missy and Lily would be a good match because they are both high energy but Missy is 35 pounds 7 years(but acts like a puppy) and Lily is 50 pound 1 year.
I was so happy about Missy meeting the brothers and her passing Koda with out a total reaction(she sometimes starts reacting but when I pull up on her gentle leader she stops) than I took her on the Suwanee trail and realized I still have a lot of work to do. She would have a full reaction every time we walked past a dog, which was a lot. I was thankful for her harness and gentle leader because they aloud me to keep her walking forward, she would try to flip around to get to the dog. My arm hurt pretty bad after that walk from keeping her away from other dogs. I also noticed my heart started racing every time a dog came by and my hands would shake. So my plan for working on this is going on walks on the Suwanee Trail every day with my treats. Oh and I’m making some sweet potatoes treats. I’m going to put them on the lowest setting my oven goes to and cook them for 4-8 hrs.
(Copper is the one in the picture.)Image
From March 27, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment